PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 27, 2009

Writing Books

We have been doing a lot of Guided Writing lately. And it's a lot of fun! I first heard about Guided Writing (dictation) when I was in college, in a class on teaching special needs students and English language learners. But I think Guided Writing can be really good for Pre K's, like my Little Bean.
Since Little Bean doesn't write yet (or read), he illustrates his books, and then dictates to me what the story is about. I make sure to write down exactly what he dictates, because I want the book to his own work--even if there are grammer mistakes. He is always SO proud of his books, and often brings them out to show Daddy when he gets home from work. And I am always amazed at the creativity that pours out of him when we do Guided Writing; both in his illustrations, and in his storytelling.


Try this with your little one. I'd love to know how it goes!

1 comment:

kw said...

I love looking at kid drawings and writings. We are working on a circus book, now. I will have to let you know how it ends up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails